Thursday, May 03, 2007


Ninety-Nine Nights – Completed

My pops wanted to buy me a game for my B-day, this has been the trend for a few years now as he knows how much I enjoy them. The game was only $30 so he bought it and GRAW too (costing what a normal game would be). Now to me there was not a whole lot of interest in the game being as the only advertisement I saw was a floor mat in GameStop. But I figure as a gift it might be fun and only had 9 achievement points it would be worth a go (I have become quite the achievement whore).

To start off the game does look good and plays well. That is if all you want to do is kill mindless hordes of enemies over and over again. This really appeals to me at this point in my life, mundane mindless button mashing with a goal of an extra 1000 achievement points. You start out with the first character and work your way through the battles to finish and unlock five other characters. Each character having its own abilities and play style give some variety to the game.

Now the story and how the characters are involved is quite complex. The base line is an army is fighting off goblins because the goblin king wants to gain immortality by joining two mystic objects. Through each battle the boss’s are other characters you get to play. This may seem repetitive as the battlefields are the same, but in the end the objectives and fighting style differ so much that it does feel like a new level. In the end you get to see ever aspect of the story, from a goblin, a knight, a mercenary, and a simple minded troll.

For $30 I don’t think you can go wrong.

The game gets 8 out of 10, it was a little short even though I am still replying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


brooklyn naval shipyard