Wednesday, August 09, 2006


Robcam 1.0

So one night sitting around bored I decided to take apart my Robotic Operating Buddy and see what makes it tick. After pulling it completely apart and not being impressed with its innards I got this whacky idea. I have had this miniature camera laying around for some time that I was going to mount on something RC and once I played with it I realized that the range of the wireless signal wasn’t nearly long enough to be on a remote control car.

I dug out the cam to see if it would fit in the optical part of the ROB's eye. Low and behold it did. I did have to gut some of his original circuitry, but it didn’t work anyway so why not. Then I laced the power cord threw the neck and down the base out the cord hole.

For any console collector this little sucker does not look out of place on your TV staring out into space making the perfect nanny cam. Since us Nintendo generation are getting to that point where kids have started to incubate (cough Blanco cough) we have to find ways to protect our precious collections! Here are some pictures, it was very simple to do. Don’t ask what kind of camera it is because I have long forgotten.

Mobat







Using the video input in my PC for the receiver you can see the live feed as I take the picture.



ROB really fits in if you ask me!

I doubt I am the first one to think of this, but I am happy with it none the less.

3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

That is a sexy collection. And it's so huge, it even took me a moment to find ROB on the shelf. :) Now there is some treasure worth protecting.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger John Blanco said...

Yeah, but the kid will incubate with NES blood, man!

I'm keeping the race alive. I assure you, he'll grow up on NES.

(Plus, I don't want to have to buy $60 PS3 games, so this will be a lot more cost effective!)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger reef said...

Not only is this the greatest idea ever, but the pic at the end with your collection is pretty nice. I love the Play Choice machine, that used to be my best friend while in the laundromat ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


brooklyn naval shipyard