Tuesday, May 15, 2007


Spiderman 3 - Completed

The first next generation Spiderman game is well more of the same. I thought Spiderman 2 was ground breaking, being as it was a sandbox superhero game. In my mind that is the only real way to do a super hero game (unless of course your hero has to walk every where). If you enjoyed 2 then 3 really is just more of the same even graphically.

The controls have been fine tuned and are very fluid. Though I still wonder how a common thug can take a full punch from Spiderman and still be standing. Anyone who can clue me into why this is would be much appreciated. The only seemingly new concept built into the game is the fact that you get to push buttons, just like in God of War. This concept has caused minor grumbling in the gamer community. The patterns are not overly hard but do require precise timing. Now what this means to me is you are playing someone who is super human in the capacity much further then us normal humans can control. These sections allow us to perform such super human feats with out frustration and add to the immersion of the game. If you beat Spiderman 2 and went through the end battle of trying to crawl to each power cord and yank it out, you know how frustrating it is to do something that Spiderman himself would have no problem doing. I myself welcome the change and look forward to other games involving this flow in there games.

To finish the storyline in the game took around 11 hours, which was a good 20 hours short of Spiderman 2. Perhaps developers have listened to gamers and are developing a fun experience that does not require a full work week to get a sense of accomplishment. I am really on the fence with this because I like a lot of game for my money, but I also appreciate it when I finish a game.

The game to me was 7 out of 10. For 360 the graphics could have been enhanced and even with the few changes there could have been more to it. The controls and flow of the game were spot on and made it an enjoyable experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


brooklyn naval shipyard