Tuesday, December 26, 2006


Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - Impression


I am not a metal gear fan. I played twin snakes once and the old NES version. But sneaking around was never my thing. Probably why I never completed hit man or rainbow six. Metal gear from what I can tell is based off the idea of sneaking around and espionage and it really kept me from playing them.

This game for the PSP has shed new light on the series for me. Strangely enough I actually found the story compelling and the characters intriguing. However the games follow each other in a series and much of the story is based off a previous game from what I can tell. So I was a bit lost when it came to what exactly was happening. For the MG fan base I could only see this game as being a blessing.

The controls seem fairly solid, though I did have trouble getting the function down to lean against a wall and peak around a corner. But shooting and basic movement was easy to learn and use. No idea if this is the same scheme as the previous games, but it does work pretty well.

Graphically it is appealing, even the cut scenes with there strange style of art looked very well done. The sound was also done very well, they seemed to spend the amount of time on the game that it needed.

Having only played the game for a hour I don't want to rate it. But I can tell you that I seriously consider putting more time into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


brooklyn naval shipyard