Saturday, September 22, 2007


Halo - Completed

Once upon a time long before the Xbox Moose showed me a trailer of one of the first online multiplayer games to have vehicles, I was in shock in awe. Then the day came when I found out this game would only be on the Xbox. I was upset but went on playing half-life as I did back then. This was also the time of my life where I was boycotting Microsoft and to this day have not owned an Xbox (but gladly take one if anyone is giving them out). The game was then ported to PC and I gave it a shot only to find one of the worst console to PC ports I have ever seen. No matter the caliber of my machine it never seemed to run correctly. So countless years later, a few red vs blue episodes and purchasing a Xbox 360. I allowed my self to be pulled into the hype of Halo 3 and there ad campaign.

Not ever finishing halo made me think that I might be at some disadvantage and so I asked Draccuu if I would borrow his copy. He gladly let me and in two days I had powered through Halo. Is it a good game? Yes I think it is a good game. Is it a great game? Sorry Morgan Freeman puts master chief to shame. Which brings me to my next point, what is with all the master chief fanboys? Were they not graced with an opportunity to play half life? Was this the first FPS worth playing on a console that didn’t include james bond? Was halo the first inception into multiplayer gaming for a lot of young men who never had the PC’s to play quality FPS’s? What ever it may be, I suggest to all of you who hold this game so high to play some half life.

There is not much to be said about the game that you have not already heard before. I think it would be smart to play through it if you plan on playing Halo 2 or 3. Things will just make more sense.


brooklyn naval shipyard