Sunday, December 02, 2007

Quake 4 – Completed


Now I have played through this once before on PC. Ben had it and I figured I could get some achievements from it. Low and behold this is probably the second FPS on 360 that I would recommend to anyone who asks. Its about eight to nine hours long, that seems to be double the normal for shooters on the 360, has a great story and helps you connect with the characters. There never seems to be a dull moment and of course the great quake weapon selection (BFG anyone).

Seeing as this game came out near the launch of the 360 you would not expect the graphically comparable to other games (but then you realize there’s crap like Kane and Lynch) but in my opinion it is. The human models in this game are second only to half life 2 in my eyes. The game also sports a simple and effective control system. Did I mention the lovely quake weapons?

The game is 9 out of 10 for me. It wasn’t over in 3 hours, has great controls, good graphics, and even though most of the achievements are multiplayer they few you can get make for some interesting game play.


brooklyn naval shipyard